CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School Time!



Oh my, as I set here tonight and VENT about the whole school thing (seeing how tomorrow is the BIG day) so many things are running through my head.
My first born will start grade primary tomorrow at approximately 845am. 'gulp' SUCH a big day for my little monkey! I am a wreck tonight. Every possible good and bad thought is crossing my brain; what if nobody plays with him, eats lunch with him, doesn't show him where the bathroom is, he forgets where the bathroom is, eats all his lunch at recess, gets lost, gets made fun of, gets hurt, has an accident,..... (this list could go on and on; trust me).
I had convinced myself from the time he was born I was going to homeschool my child, but as the time got closer I decided this was not the best decision for Rocco. He NEEDS to be challenged. He is swift, keen, and incredibly intelligent. He picks up things so quickly. I did not think he would do well in the home environment. An extremely hard and tough decision; I reluctantly signed him up for public school, vowing I would pull him out the second something went wrong. Micah actually did it for me as the thought of school and my child freaked me out. How did this happen? It seems like yesterday I was pushing him around in a stroller?!! I remember laying in bed when he was 9 months old and balling over the fact that SOMEDAY (which is tomorrow) I will have to send him to school. The thought of school made me sick... In my head, when a 5 year old goes to school he loses all of his innocence. Mind you my child thinks "stupid" "fat" and "hate" are extremely BAD words!? Have I sheltered him too much? Have I done enough with him the last five years? Last week I found myself counting down the number of days left until school (happily), tonight I find myself FREAKING out a tad bit.... Can time slow down just a bit?? What will tomorrow bring, I find myself asking?? Not quite sure what the day has in store for us. He is my first baby going off to school, it is my (mommy's) first day too! As sick as I feel tonight, my baby is starting his first journey outside the nest. In the end it is good for both of us! I pray that I have taught him enough skills to adjust well to school and that his faith will remain grounded and strong. I KNOW he will do well and excel to the maximum, just going through this rite of passage FREAKS me out! Lending out your child for 6 hours of the day to someone I do not even know is A LOT of trust! I can not wait until 2:15 tomorrow afternoon when he runs to me with his open arms and I scoop him up and kiss his soft little cheek, what a nice feeling that will be! Baby steps....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, this just made me bawl! Rocco is such a great kid...I KNOW he will be great...:) Have a good day, mama!