CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bed Wetting at 330am!

So my 3 year old has been going through some bed wetting issues lately...
In the last 2 weeks he has probably wet the bed 4 times! I should be putting a pull up on him, but he is not a fan!
The other morning I got my wake up call at approximately 335am. Poor little guy came running in our room all wet and flustered :( Usually I nudge Micah (cause that guy could sleep through anything), but it was my turn... So I quickly ripped off his pjs from his cold, wet body and ran the tub with some warm soapy water. Plunked him in and away I went to clean up his bed and toss his sheets down the stairs (of course to be washed in the morning). I felt like I was trying to race the clock. The quicker I did this, the sooner I would be resting back on my pillow for a couple more hours... sleeeeeep :) Something I am sure we could all use more of!?? Anyways, as I am running around my house trying not to be loud and realizing I still had hardly said a word to my poor little one, he looked up at me with some tears in his BIG brown eyes and said.... "Mommy, I love you SO much"
It then hit me, in all this craziness of rushing and being bothered, my son was teaching me a lesson. He was showing me gratitude and unconditional love, just like our father gives to us each and every day. Although I preferred to be in zzz land, tears poured down my cheeks as I sat on the toilet by my sweet little boy. Savour EVERY moment even if it is a 4am wake up call!

No comments: